The impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is keeping the world in an iron grip. ABF strives to minimise the risk and consequences for both our staff and our customers. ABF therefore continuously observes all precautionary measures. This means that, within ABF, the guidelines of our government are strictly adhered to.
Fortunately, even in this exceptional situation ABF is able to continue its daily work. We are available as usual and we will ensure that your order is processed quickly and correctly, just as you are used from us.
To be able to inform you about further developments that may affect your order, we will show relevant updates below. We will also keep a close eye on reports from our delivery partners UPS, Schenker and TNT.
(30/03/2020) Update delivery partners
- TNT has added regions with limited deliveries in Portugal. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
(26/03/2020) Update ABF
- You can no longer use other carriers than UPS, TNT or Schenker to collect your order at ABF. This to avoid physical contact for our Warehouse Team as much as possible.
(24/03/2020) Update delivery partners
- TNT has added regions with limited deliveries in Austria, France and Italy. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
- UPS has added more regions with limited deliveries in parts of Austria, France, Italy and Portugal. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
- Schenker is working at > 90 % operational capacity, but due to increasing border restrictions, there are potential delays. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
(24/03/2020) Update ABF
- Postal areas where deliveries have been suspended by our delivery partners, are updated in our system as soon as possible. This to avoid any unpleasant surprises afterwards.
(23/03/2020) Update ABF
- From today onwards, our Pick-Up Counter will be temporarily closed. It is therefore no longer possible to pick up your products from our counter, due to higher health risks and possible consequences for our employees.
- External carriers are no longer allowed access to our buildings. All customers are therefore obligated to have their products delivered via one of our approved delivery partners.
(20/3/2020) Update delivery partners
- TNT confirms delayed deliveries to European destinations for TNT International Economy Express. Deliveries to France, Spain, Italy and Turkey can expect delays with all their services. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
(19/3/2020) Update ABF
- Neutral package: Serve your customers while avoiding physical contact as much as possible? Or stay in business even when your warehouse is closed? You have the option to choose ‘neutral package’ during checkout to send orders directly to your customer. Neutral package shipments show no sign of ABF. We hope this helps to fight the economic impact of the coronavirus for your business.
(19/3/2020) Update delivery partners
- UPS has added 1 region with limited deliveries in Austria. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
(18/3/2020) Update delivery partners
- UPS has now also limited deliveries for parts of France. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
(18/3/2020) Update ABF
You can help us minimizing the risks and consequences for our employees’ health, by:
- Placing your orders as early on the day as possible. This way we can spread their efforts in the warehouses as much as we can.
- Avoiding our Pick-Up Counter. Please choose to deliver your products via our delivery partners, to avoid physical contact between your and our employees.
(17/3/2020) Update ABF
- Picking up orders from ABF in person is discouraged, if absolutely necessary this will be without physical contact.
(17/3/2020) Update delivery partners
- UPS has limited deliveries for parts of Italy, Spain and Austria. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
- Schenker has implemented a news page with daily updates. For the time being there are no delays or limitations mentioned.
- TNT confirms delayed deliveries to the US, China and Hongkong. For more detailed info, please refer to their news page.
(16/3/2020) Precautions ABF
- Employees work from home if possible.
- Employees working on company premises remain in the vicinity of their own work area.
- A minimum distance of 1,5 meter between people is mandatory.
- All appointments with third parties are postponed or cancelled.
- Our Warehouse and Facility employees must wear latex or nitrile gloves.
- All devices and means of transport (forklifts, pallet trucks) must be cleaned after
use, and are used by a limited amount of employees.
- Personal advice or customer service at our Pick-Up Counter is not possible to avoid physical contact between you and our employees.